PDA

View Full Version : 1998 6.5 not starting

cchaney
07-19-2012, 09:51
My 98 C2500 will not start after a computer swap. I have fuel at the filter but none at the number 1 injector line. I have a secutity light on. Truck will start with old computer but will not drive or run properly above an idle and no security light. A few other things truck has an FSD cooler, and new accelerator pedal. Any help would be greatly appreciated, this truck is not currently my daily driver but I am trying to get it fixed for my 16 year old son.

greatwhite
07-19-2012, 13:36
My 98 C2500 will not start after a computer swap. I have fuel at the filter but none at the number 1 injector line. I have a secutity light on. Truck will start with old computer but will not drive or run properly above an idle and no security light. A few other things truck has an FSD cooler, and new accelerator pedal. Any help would be greatly appreciated, this truck is not currently my daily driver but I am trying to get it fixed for my 16 year old son.

Try a security relearn on the new computer, although it should start run and die if security is the issue.

pull the trouble codes (if you have a reader) and see if there's anything in there also. From either or both PCM's.

I'll assume you've tried the new comp a couple times?

When swapping in a new comp, you need to turn it on for a minute or so without starting, turn it off for a minute or so and then try a start.

DaveBr
07-21-2012, 21:19
Try to start again. When it fails to start leave the key ON run for a full 10 minutes. Put e-brake on to turn off headlights. At the end of 10 minutes turn off for 30 seconds. Repeat and after 3rd cycle it should start.