PDA

View Full Version : INTERCOOLER QUESTIONS?????

barebackjake
02-01-2004, 08:59
intercooler before the turbo ?? or after the turbo?? looked at my buddies pstroke, but it has some wierd heat exchanger before the turbo.

i have a 97 gmc 14' box van, with what gm calls the HO diesel

thinkin bout relocating air intake above cab and building scoop so it acts like a vacuum above the box bringing more air flow through at low speeds and improving areodynamics and using a cooler off a CAT loader bout 24"x 36" 4inch inlet and using the same aircleaner off that rig then using 4" pipe down the inside of the box under the passenger side then loop into the intake right after the motor mount before the a arm mount??

any ideas would be greatly appreciated
also looking for 97 or newer 3500 4x4 diesel truck crew cab dual prefered

email
jakefreese@direcway.com

britannic
02-01-2004, 09:10
It's the turbo that adds heat to the air when it compresses it, so an intercooler/charge cooler should always be located in series between the turbo outlet and the intake manifold.

barebackjake
02-01-2004, 09:15
dang, thats what i thought, i would have to build a new intake manifold to make that work, turbo is monted right to it and not a whole lot of room to work since its a van
im gonna get one of thoose freightliner step vans next time, lot easier to work on.....