PDA

View Full Version : Fuel Leak... 93 6.5

NHebayer
03-19-2012, 09:09
Please excuse my ignorance. I just dont have time to dig for the answer.

I just bought a 93 3500 with 6.5 and 5 speed manual trans. 220,000 miles. Engine was rebuilt about 10,000 miles ago.
It has been sitting for 3 years. This is my first one of these trucks. First time working on them as well.

I got it running and it sounds awesome. But its leaking fuel. On the back of engine... in the center. There is some sort of Housing. Looks like a filter of some sort. There is a group of wires that goes into the bottom and some fuel lines coming off of it.

The fuel is leaking out the bottom... Where the wires are.

What is this thing called.... Where can I buy one?

Thank you for the help.

Reaney in NH

NHebayer
03-19-2012, 14:58
OK... Still dont know what the part really is... BUt I got the fuel leak fixed.

Its a fuel filter or water Separator is my guess.

Got to drive the truck today for the first time. Runs great... Lots of power.. but has Clutch issues.

I will do some research on the clutch.

Thank yu

rustyk
03-19-2012, 17:01
It sounds like it is the fuel filter; the wires are for the water detection circuit.

They're available at NAPA and other auto parts stores. I use NAPA Gold, because they're made by Wix.

NHebayer
03-19-2012, 17:35
It sounds like it is the fuel filter; the wires are for the water detection circuit.

They're available at NAPA and other auto parts stores. I use NAPA Gold, because they're made by Wix.

Fuel filters can be bought anywhere... it was the unit its in that was leaking. There are 2 different sensors... 1 in the side... 1 in the bottom.

The bottom was leaking.. turned out to be a large oring.

Thanks

rustyk
03-19-2012, 20:44
Cheap and easy fixes are always nice.

captaincrunch
03-06-2016, 16:42
OK, so mine has just now stared leaking at the o-ring. Where do you get the o-ring? Mine is completely flat, is it supposed to be like a true o-ring, round?

Can I just find anyone that is the same size, or is it a special o-ring?

I can't seem to find an answer on the internet