PDA

View Full Version : New GM water pump leaks.....

Marty Lau
05-17-2004, 09:17
In January I did a bunch of work and upgrades on the '95 including the HO water pump. I bought a NEW GM factory pump as I have not heard of problems with them and I ONLY wanted to replace it once. WELLLLLLLL, so much for wanting to only replace it once. Pump started leaking out the lower weep hole and I pulled it this weekend.
Yeah I got a replacement N/C I didn't want to have to blow 6-7 hours doing the swap....I just did that in January :rolleyes: !!!!! I hate equipment break downs!!!!
Thanks, I feel better now!!

DieselDavy
05-17-2004, 10:58
I'm with you 16Ga!
Nobody wants to do that job more than once. But I still think you went the right way. The likely hood of having to replace it prematurely is not quite as high with the OE pump! Stuff happens!
Dave

slagona
05-17-2004, 12:23
My 2000 K3500 Crew cab, which I purchased brand new started leaking out the weep hole at around 16K miles. It never was worked hard - towed a 4000lb trailer maybe 600 miles after it was well broken in. Not a common problem, but it does happen......

catmandoo
05-17-2004, 17:42
16ga. thought i was the only one left using one,i can't believe more people don't use one,it's the perfect round in my book.

Marty Lau
05-18-2004, 08:14
There has been a resurgance in the 16ga......folks have learned that bigger isn't always better.

Marty Lau
05-19-2004, 12:39
Well I got the pump changed out and all seems well so far. I hope THIS pump last as long as the one that came on the engine.

CleviteKid
05-19-2004, 12:50
At least it was warmer for your work now than back in January. It could have gone out in Feb 2005, with no warranty, and it would have been cold again . . . . . .

I also agree that the odds are with you if you buy Genuine GM parts for items like this. Too bad the odds did not work out for you this time.

Dr. Lee :cool:

Marty Lau
05-20-2004, 07:57
Thanks for the encouragment Dr Lee. smile.gif
At least I have a heated shop to work in just have to pay the gas bill which I don't mind if it make work more confortable. Also removed the vacum pump don't need it anymore and that prevents it from seizing and blowing a belt.
Hope to see you in Missoula in July! :cool: