PDA

View Full Version : Kennedy Performance Chip Plus Glow Plug Mod = Unbeatable

john8662
12-06-2011, 13:43
This is a brag that I thought to write because it's gotten cold here lately.

I have been running an All Out Kennedy Chip that he and I did some extensive testing with, by trying out different things with different chip burns. This is on my 1995 K2500 Suburban. Performance is awesome!

My next mod will be trying to either build or if I fail buy one of those Westers Higher Output DS4 injection pumps, more power right?

Anyways, one of my most admired features of Kennedy's chip is his custom Glow plug timing for Low Compression Ratio 6.5's with his Quick Heat Glowplugs. I have to admit, when I first got this 19.6:1 engine running with another vendors chip w/o any glow plug mods, it was miserably embarrasing to start the engine even on 70 ish degree days because it would never just start cleanly, would start then miss and make a bunch of white smoke. I'm sure my co-workers were thinking "man he's got all that $ tied up in that thing and it smokes and misses at startup like a worn out turd."

Not any more. I've been starting this thing down to 15 degrees w/o plugging it in and it starts at the first lick of the starter and runs smoothly no missing, no smoke. like a stock one (actually way better, got a couple buddies with stock 6.5's and theirs don't start this good).

I have to thank John Kennedy and Ronnie Joe for fine tuning this low-compression ratio Glow Plug modification for electronic 6.5's. The most elegant solution out there (as elegant is it can be)! Anyone can start it (even a woman).

Robyn
12-06-2011, 16:47
Missy sits grinning, with a can of Ma Startly tucked in her pocket.

Ya, You betcha, Missy wench here will get that beast lit off at 40 below OK

Haaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa :D at least once for sure.

Even a woman can start it. :eek: careful there!;)

Missy

DaveNY
12-07-2011, 13:37
I Knew That Was Commin!

Robyn
12-07-2011, 18:16
:D:D:D No worries, could not let that go by without pouncing on it.

Missy