PDA

View Full Version : '92 specifics

norm
09-08-2004, 17:40
I have a work aquaintence who has a '92 turbo K2500. He has asked me some things about his truck I am not sure about, because I have been following mainly the '95 trucks.

??Should the stock non-vacuum wastegate actuator be easy to move with engine off? Can you see it working with engine running/truck still/working throttle?? It seems stuck to me.

??What are the common upgrades (aside from exhaust)??

Interesting note: His valve cover (on orig. engine) has a sticker that reads: Advertised Horsepower: 200) Is that common?

cruzer
09-09-2004, 05:40
Gauges are a must. EGT & Boost

IIRC The spring is very stiff, but don't worry about that, because he's going to replace it w/a
turbo master boost controller. The T/M allows you to adjust boost. It takes maybe 15 min to install. It was originally designed for 92-93 6.5TDs. It's an awsome upgrade for $70.00. Your buddy has to get the gauges so he can dial in the T/M and make sure he keeps the engine in check. A mandrel bent exhaust should be added w/the T/M, because boost will be up and the stk exhaust is too restrictive.

My 1st upgrade was the Banks Stinger System and it supplied big diff in power. If I had to do it over again, I would have gone w/a 3.5" exhaust,
gauges,T/M and free flowing air filter. The Banks system supplies a longer arm for the wastgate that increases boost w/no adjustment, a 3" exhaust and the other componets listed. It was good but I think Banks left some power on the table. Check out Bill Heath, He probably offers a kit w/these upgrades.

Oh yea, Remove the snorkle in the fender. Look at Kennedy's web site under tech tips.

The next thing to consider would be 97 cooling mods. Then...............

[ 09-09-2004, 06:03 AM: Message edited by: cruzer ]