PDA

View Full Version : Clearance Lights

bobt
08-03-2011, 16:06
Don't know if I have a problem or not. On my 2009 3500 ext-cab dually, there are five clearance lights on the roof above the windshield. Three in a center housing and one on each side. The three in the center are on whenever the parking lights are on. I have seen the ones on each side on sometime in the past, but they are not on now and I can't figure out if there is an electrical problem or if there is some switch setting that controls them. I've check the fuse listings in the manual and it does not appear that there is a separate fuse just for those two lights. I've played with the light switch position settings and that does not get them on. Should the two side lights be on anytime the center three are on or is there some switch setting or separate switch I've overlooked? Thanks in advance for any help to solve this.
Bob

bmoeller
08-03-2011, 16:29
They all should be on at the same time.

bobt
08-03-2011, 22:01
Thanks, I kinda figured they should be on. Seems to me I recall them being off, then later on, and now off again. Wonder if it is loose wiring somewhere.Guess next step is to see if both lights are burned out. If not, since still under warranty, may let Chevy dealer figure it out.
Bob