PDA

View Full Version : wipers pulse when switch is off

guns
01-28-2004, 14:56
On my 93 GMC 2500; wipers will pulse when the wiper switch is in the off position. happens about every 30 seconds. Has anyone else had this problem? The shop manual isn't to clear on this problem. Indicated to replace wiper motor module in one place and to replace the column switch in an other. any thoughts on this? Guns

MikeC
01-28-2004, 17:17
Guns,

There is info out there about a repair bulletin concerning the wipers. Don't know if this is one of the issues but I do know problems with int. wipers while engaged is addressed.

Mike

Bobbie Martin
01-28-2004, 19:04
GM recalled a bunch of vehicles for this problem. Our 95 Sub was fixed for free. Just take your truck to the dealer and they will tell you if its included in the recall or you might be able to call them with the VIN. The dealer was absolutely cheerful when I took the Sub in and didn't give me any grief at all. Wish I could say that about the MINI dealer! If its not included in the recall, you may be able to resolder the circuit board in the wiper motor to fix it.

guns
01-29-2004, 14:28
Thanks for the comeback guys. Found the Technical Service Bulletin #46-82-01 Subject-- Phantom wipe single unwanted cycle of Windshield wiper. To correct -Replace the ciruit board in wiper assembly. the dealer is checking if its covered by warranty. Guns

guns
01-30-2004, 10:32
Hi! Just had a phone call from the GM dealer and the parts and labour are covered under the TSB. Guns