PDA

View Full Version : Steering Wheel radio controls/Onstar glitch

Yukon6.2
07-19-2011, 20:06
Hi All
I have been fixing a 03 GMC Sierra that i bought from an insurance company.This truck has options out the ying yang.One of the option packages ties the radio controls to the steering wheel,of which Onstar is part of.
Anyhow i'v got it on the road now and am trying out the gizmo's.As part of the experimenting i pushed the programing button on the left side of the steering wheel and was rewarded with a constant dinging through the radio,and a voice that say's contecting to onstar emergancy about every minuite.I can't disconect from the onstar function,the truck is not subscribed to onstar.The radio dosn't come back on,CD player wouln't work or the tape player.
I tried disconecting the battery,the radio comes on for about 3 seconds then the onstar lady starts her speel again,i even pulled the radio and left it in the back seat for a couple of hours.I tried the dealer,no joythey want the truck brought in so they can diagnose it,$$$$ in their pocket.
So anybody ever have this problem?We will never subscribe to onstar,but having a radio is a must.
Thanks for the help
Thomas

DmaxMaverick
07-19-2011, 21:33
Disconnect the OnStar module.

Yukon6.2
07-20-2011, 08:14
Thanks
Found it and tried that and radio works again.Simple fix for this situation.
Funny that the dealer couldn't give that advice,probly wanted a hrs shop time for that information.
Thomas