PDA

View Full Version : Need wiring schematic

BigDiesel
01-26-2004, 19:19
I'm installing the factory fog light switch(goes underneath the rear wiper & hatch button) out of a 99 denali/escalade into my 97' tahoe, and need to find the factory wiring schematic for it.
Thanks in advance

taznj63
01-27-2004, 15:17
Do you have a local garage that you know someone there?
I got a full set of wiring diagrams for my 92 gmc from them off of thier computer they use to trouble shoot problems.
Maybe they could look up your truck and print you out a set...
Just a thought...

HowieE
01-28-2004, 07:15
Looks like everthing is factory wired to the switch location. Pop the panel and see if there is a spare connector there. Most likely a 6 pin connector with a brown, purple, yellow, black, and orange wire in it. Also on the convenience center at location RLY1 is were the fog light relay would go. If you look at the convenience center you will see 2 relay already there. The flasher and the daytime running light relay. The fog relay goes in the corner just above the DTRL relay.

More Power
01-28-2004, 10:55
I agree with Howie...

I ordered a 2001 harness set for the current project truck, and asked for a 2WD, no A/C, basic pickup wiring set.

The harnesses came with provisions for 4WD, A/C and which included nearly every other upscale relay and electrical connector.

The '01 GMC I have did not come with the driving light option, but the relay, wiring and electrical connectors are there.

Chances are, all you'll need is a switch.

MP

scotts
01-28-2004, 11:27
Big Diesel, goto Parts Source and use the computer there for schematics. It is free and you can print all that you need from it. They are using the All Data system. I have found it to be very helpful over the years.