PDA

View Full Version : Can the injection pump be tested

Marrue
04-21-2011, 18:15
I started my truck (LLY) in the morning to warm up it ran for about 15 min than quit, so I changed the fuel filter and primmed the system, still wouldn't start. I disconected the fuel line on the filter side of the test port pluged the line pressurized the line with the primmer pump and it held the pressure. So I ruled out a leak on that side so it leeds me to suspect the pump, so is their a way to test the pump. Or is their something else I should check before I replace it.

More Power
05-02-2011, 13:39
I started my truck (LLY) in the morning to warm up it ran for about 15 min than quit, so I changed the fuel filter and primmed the system, still wouldn't start. I disconected the fuel line on the filter side of the test port pluged the line pressurized the line with the primmer pump and it held the pressure. So I ruled out a leak on that side so it leeds me to suspect the pump, so is their a way to test the pump. Or is their something else I should check before I replace it.

A dealer tech can measure the cranking and running fuel-rail pressure using a Tech II scan tool. I'd start there. If rail pressures are too low to allow the engine to start, I'd look at the rail's pressure relief valve before suspecting a pump. Otherwise, yes, the pump can be tested off the engine by any Bosch certified fuel injection shop.

Jim