PDA

View Full Version : P0335 Crankshaft Position Sensor A Circuit

1629dill
03-27-2011, 13:37
P0335 Error Code .

Had the service engine like come on and the truck started to run ruff. Shut it off and on restart ran good. The light when out and all is good. Went and scanned for codes and had a P0355. The freeze point data was:
CALC LOAD% 30.9
ECT C 77
ENG RPM 1352
VEH SPEED 40
IAT C 17

So I think I should replace it before it becomes a bigger problem. To do this I wanted to look up what I was getting into and I did some googleing. Did not find a good explanation on how to replace it, but what concerned me was the fact that people were replacing them then could not get the engine to start. They talked about having to force the PMC re-learn and that is where I started to get scared about changing the part.

I still need to replace it before I get a call from my wife asking where she should tow the truck. To do this I need to get a better understanding on this project before I start. Any one has a link to a good explanation on how to do this. And what is this talk about forcing the PMC to relearn?

Thanks

racer55
03-27-2011, 17:18
On the drivers side of the timing cover in line with the crankshaft is a the sensor.
It should be held in place with a bolt with a 10mm head I belive and the wire harness connector should be close by.

You may need to loosen the power steering pump to gain access unless you can get to it from below.

I don't know why there would be any relearn procedure with changing that sensor,it is just a pickup coil like in a distributor-nothing more.

If the rubber oring has become hard and brittle you may have difficulty removing the old sensor be carefull.

If the sensor breaks off you will have to pull the front off of the engine to get the timing cover off to push it out from the inside/or push it in whatever is easier.