PDA

View Full Version : New code after IP/FSD replacement/related or not?

sturgeon-phish
09-05-2004, 09:41
Just had IP/FSD replaced under warranty and dealer mounted the FSD on a remote cooler. Picked up truck and after about 20 miles I got a SES light. Next day, went to have codes pulled and when I started the truck the SES had cleared. Went and had codes pulled showed P0236 one time. P0236 is Turbocharger boost sesor A circuit range performance. Truck does emit black smoke under acceleration now, and did not before IP replacement. The SES is now off. What is this code, with the SES off do I need to worry about this, if so where do I start?
Thanks
Jim

markrinker
09-05-2004, 10:54
Check the connection at the boost sensor on top of the intake. Maybe it was damaged when removed/reconnected during the IP replacement?

The boost sensor is the larger, retangular sensor. The other is the intake temp sensor.

sturgeon-phish
09-05-2004, 11:12
Retaining clip on wire side broken. May need wire tie to hold up into place? BTW, I can hear this new IP whereas I could not hear it before. Noise greatest at idle. There's also noise from the dash area passenger's side, (vibration resonance ?) that was not there before.

markrinker
09-05-2004, 15:18
I can't hear my IP, but noticed a new sound from the passenger dash area after upgrading to 3" exhaust and power chip.

Maybe your new pump is making more power? Does the truck run any better?