PDA

View Full Version : exhaust

CUTLASS
02-21-2011, 18:55
lookin at buying a 4 inch kit for my 93 c3500 with a 6.5 ,some kits that i have seen say they are for 93 up but isnt a 92 also the same just wondering because i was thinking maybe it should be 94 up,just didnt want to buy it if it wont work thanks

More Power
02-23-2011, 23:15
One of the problems the exhaust system aftermarket faced back in the 1990s with the GM 6.5 powered trucks was the variability in exhaust system hanger configurations between model years and even between different vehicles within the same model years. Suburbans were different from trucks, and short boxes were sometimes different from longbeds - and it sometimes changed year to year.

If I were to guess, I'd say the 1992 models were likely the same as the 1993, but it's just a guess. I'd recommend getting a system with strap-on hangers, instead of welded on hangers. This'lll allow you to adapt whatever you get to your individual truck.

Jim

Robyn
02-24-2011, 06:55
I agree with Jim on this one.

If you have a small wire welder, your set.

MAKE IT FIT.

All things sometimes need a little coaxing to work right.

Pretty basic stuff

Banks makes a very nice system for these trucks, nice sound and will flow all the air that a 6.5 can push.

Have fun

Missy

Artworks
02-24-2011, 18:47
I got my system from Kennedy Diesel in 2006, easy to install and fit's real well . It has been trouble fee. I had to loosin the down pipe for access to glow plugs this fall and because i used Hi Temp anti sieze on bolts and clamps, I had no problems in the R & R.