PDA

View Full Version : Ebay 4" Exhaust System?????

gmenor
05-10-2004, 14:53
I saw on ebay a guy selling a 4" exhaust system - 14 gauge. Has anyone bought a system from this guy? Apparently he has been selling this system before - any thoughts.

here is the link:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&rd=1&item=2478192198&category=33630

David_Jennings
05-10-2004, 15:27
Do a search. Somebody purchased the system and posted it. He liked it. I've exchanged emails with the ebay seller, but I have not pulled the trigger.

turboGMC
05-10-2004, 19:48
he seemed a little snooty when I emailed him. I did get his phone number to confim this but have yet to do so. im leading torwards just doing it myself

eracers999
05-11-2004, 03:39
I have bought from him on e bay, no problems at all. I bought the d max fan set up for the 6.5
it also works great.
Good luck
Kent

slagona
05-11-2004, 06:42
The only problem I have with this seller is his markup on items such as #9 calibration resistor for the FSD (PMD) - He was one of the first on ebay selling these $12 resistors for $40 or more (with shipping). Currently, he is selling them at a starting price of $30 plus shipping!!! I especially have a problem with it as he advertises himself as an authorized Stanadyne sub-dealer - whatever that is. He used to advertise as an authorized Stanadyne dealer when he first started. Here's the quote that really gets me:

"I am a Stanadyne sub-dealer and can offer all Stanadyne parts at a reduced rate."

I guess he can offer the parts at a reduced rate - he just chooses not to - charing 3 times the price of what authorized stanadyne dealers offer the resistors for........

DKeen
05-11-2004, 07:05
I just ordered the 4" system directly from maker, Pinnacle Performance. I will let you know how it goes on. FYI- I emailed the ebay guy and he had major attitude. I asked him a few questions about the sytem, his reponse- "win the bid and I will tell you."
Pinnacle was very helpful- we will see about their product.

ttpost
05-11-2004, 12:54
how do you get ahold of pinnacle thanks

Keith Richards
05-11-2004, 18:21
I would also like to know how to get in touch with pinnacle,as I will definately not buy anything from somebody with an attitude like that.Thanks for the heads up.

turboGMC
05-11-2004, 19:49
Pinnacle Performance is now Jardine Performance.

Jardine performance exhaust 3577 hwy 26 Dubois Wyoming (307)455-3897

I also found this~ http://arbiter.wipo.int/domains/decisions/html/2001/d2001-1001.html

Looks like Summit took out his domain?! I noticed other sites still linking the one in question.

gmenor
05-12-2004, 03:07
DKeen, Can you keep me posted on how the install went and price? I plan to upgrade my system in the near future when I saw the ebay post. Just curious if he was a dealer or just purchasing the system and selling it for a higher price.

ttpost
05-12-2004, 09:16
as a serious ebay seller,i run app 100 auctions everyday, i have found most of the sellers of multiple new items have just found a website and then bump up the price then when you buy from them they just order it and have it sent to your location.
for instance there are guys selling tire machines on ebay regularly, they charge the price that the website offers, but they charge 150. or more for shipping, when in actuality the company selling the item ships for free.so they make a quick 150 for making a phone call.
i would suspect something like this is going on by the sound of his attitude, he doesnt want you to find out how he is getting the items.

gmenor
05-12-2004, 13:09
I now know why I've spent 22 years of military service - to defend his rights to free enterprise at our expense. I hate scam artists.

KallyI
05-13-2004, 06:13
Here's another ebay seller, in the same category, for about $100.00 dollars less, for what looks like the same thing.

link:
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=33630&item=2478281155&rd=1

99gmccrew
05-15-2004, 21:27
I bought the 4" pinnacle system from an ebay seller. I had no problem with him. I paid 280.00 plus 40 shipping, no taxes. Seemed like a good deal compared to other quotes I was getting. Easy to install, I'm very satisfied. The name of the seller I used was markoidaho. The system is well built. Love the sound and performance boost. Good quality, IMO.
Steve

turboGMC
05-15-2004, 23:23
I just noticed I was in error in my previous post. I exchanged emails with the ebay seller markoidaho. Hes the guy that gave me attitude. Look how he words it---- "The 6.5 turbo diesel comes off the turbo at 3 inch we up size to 3.5 inch untill right before the muffler. at the muffler we up size into 4 inch the rest of the way.""" -- So what is he saying?? I would assume it is a 3in d.p. and then it upsizes to 3.5 untill the muff, then 4. Why not just go right off the dp at 4? or keep it 3.5 all the way out. I dont like how its half/half. The more I look at his grammer in his auction the more I wonder if I would even want him packaging a exhaust for me. I mean come on! He has had multiple auctions with 6th grade punctuation errors that he still wont fix. Ok-rant off-

99gmccrew
05-31-2004, 21:55
Whether he knows how to spell or not really doesn't mean a lot to me. But he is a man of his word and gave me everything he had promised. The exhaust system I received is a quality system, built in the USA and I am very satisfied. My EGT's dropped 200 degrees and I noticed a significant improvement in power. The system comes off the turbo at 3.5" and changes to 4" before the last curve of the downpipe. I like the way it is designed and it would seem to cause less turbulance this way. I really don't think a 4" downpipe would fit very easily with the space constraints we're dealt. Anyway, if he does have an attitude it didn't surface when I dealt with him.

DKeen
06-01-2004, 10:20
I got the system direct from pinnacle. It went on easy and the sound is great. I had a 454 truck that had the same deeeeep tone to it. It is 3.5 on the down pipe and 4" from there out. System is quality and the folks at Pinnacle were very friendly, unlike the ebay guy. I got the sytem sent to me to Va. for $320. still working on the airbox mods.
Sounds like the ebay guy has "bought" into Pinnacle as a dealer. they asked me if I wanted to but I do not have the need. He is buying them at the discounted prince and selling for the same price that they do. Good way to make a quick buck, as earlier posts indicate.
Will keep you posted on airbox mods.

sturgeon-phish
06-01-2004, 20:40
How did you contact Pinnacle direct? Website?
Thanks
Jim

DKeen
06-02-2004, 09:46
Here is the website guys:Nice folks

pinnaclepowerexhaust.com

Shuck
06-02-2004, 15:01
Does this kit get rid of the cat?

Alf
06-03-2004, 07:54
I too, bought through Markoidho. I had to fiddle just a bit with one of the slip fits, most likly cause UPS dinged it. The fit is very good, and I like the big block sound, and the noticeable gain in power.
The kit does eliminate the cat, however its a simple cut and weld proposition to reinstall one if you have to have one. I mentioned this wen I ordered and ended up with an extra section of straight pipe. It will allow me to fit the cat quite easily.