PDA

View Full Version : Was this a good deal? 2004 Chevy 2500HD for 18K?

ccole
02-06-2011, 11:51
Hello all-
It has been a couple years since I sold my Dmax and have been missing it ever since. For all practical reasons I cannot justify a new old, so I have been lurking around waiting for a standard cab 4x4 to show up for sale. I have found a couple in the past few months, but I have been too patient and there were scooped up by other potential buyers. I stumbled across a white, 2004 chevy dmax/allison recently and pulled the trigger for 18K. It has 96,000 miles, 4x4, manual dual zone climate, power windows/locks, cruise, etc etc. I was hoping this was a later 2004 model with the LLY, but unfortunately, it is an earlier LB7. For 18K, do you think I got a fair deal? (pics attached). Thank you....

Mark Rinker
02-06-2011, 11:57
Looks like a clean rig! 18K seems fair for the relatively low miles and condition.

The LB7 will save you alot in fuel. The only unknown is injector lifespan.

If it were me, I'd get fresh synthetics in the diffs, fresh ATF in the Allison and transfer case, run Mobil Delvac with 10K intervals, and give it fresh OEM air and fuel filters every 15K, gently tapping the big stuff out of the air filter every 5K.

Eventually, you'll do injectors and it will cost you about 5K when that happens. Hopefully it will be another 100K before that is necessary.

Consider a Kennedy tow/haul a$$ switchable tune, and a boost valve to add some extra air. Wakes that LB7 up like nobody's business...best thing going.