PDA

View Full Version : 2001 Dmax 115,000 miles ???

NEW2DMAX
01-30-2011, 06:49
Help with preventive maintenance - can anyone tell me what minor items need to be replaced now that I'm over 100,000 miles. I just replaced the water pump and the small 3/8 rubber hose on the water pump supply line just under the thermostat. IS THIER ANY OTHER MECHANICAL ITEMS OR FLUIDS THAT I MAY HAVE MISSED?

She has been a great truck and would like to keep her that way!

List of items and fluid that have been done:
*Batteries
*Front and Rear diff fluid
*Transmission filter (spin on) (3 times)
*Water Pump and antifreeze (antifreeze 2 times)
*Injectors at 76,000 miles
*Brake Fluid - pads look OK
*Fuel Filter - every 10,000 miles
*Fan Belt (2 times)
*And of corse the oil at every 7,000 miles (AMSOIL)

DmaxMaverick
01-30-2011, 09:28
Off the top of my head:

Transfer case (should be serviced with the tranny--same fluid).
Inspect/lube door hinges, detent parts, hood, tailgate, and front/rear seat hinges.
Clean/lube body seals (doors/windows).
Inspect/clean/lube brake and E-brake pedal linkage. Check for excessive play and sloppy linkage points.
Clean undercarriage. Cover/paint/seal bare metal/rust as necessary.
Clean/lube body spacers and suspension and bushings.
Clean/lube tranny shift cable and NSBU.
Inspect/clean E-brake cable.
Clean top of fuel tank.
Remove/inspect/inflate spare tire. Inspect jack and hardware (clean/lube as necessary).
Inspect rear fender support brace (behind rear wheel). Body cracks at the lower edge of fender near bolt are possible if the brace hasn't been updated. Replace brace with later model 2-piece if it hasn't been (inexpensive and prevents cracks). Have a look at This Thread (http://www.thedieselpageforums.com/tdpforum/showthread.php?t=19374).
Replace cabin air filters (should be replaced more often, but most folks don't).
Clean cooling stack exterior (condenser, intercooler, radiator, other installed coolers). Straighten fins as necessary. Inspect A/C line for chafing, while you're in there.
Inspect/replace accessory drive tensioner and idler pulleys.
Inspect downpipe bracket for crack/break (tab bolts to exhaust manifold). Weld as necessary, no replacement required.
Inspect driveshaft carrier bearing isolator (2 piece driveshaft), for deteriorated rubber.
Rotate radio knobs.--Longer list, if you REALLY want it. Most stuff is common sense.

Kennedy
01-30-2011, 10:54
A little late, but thermostats are a must do IMHO and coincide with the water pump job.

Transfer case pump wear plate BEFORE it eats through.

Ujoints, wheel bearings, pitman and idler arm slop are all common issues that most people seem to have.

NEW2DMAX
01-30-2011, 12:54
Forgot i have done the transfer case upgrade mine did eat a hole in it GM covered half the cost on repair. I then later i went in a installed the aftermarket piece to keep from happening again.
have changed the transfer fluid 3 times (amsoil)