PDA

View Full Version : smoke baby smoke

94 GMC 6.5
12-19-2010, 00:28
Just a little light humor about my 6.5 TD. The injectors or what I hope are the injectors are in need of replacement. Hard start, worse the colder it gets, smoke a little at first then clears up. Sounds like a high school drum brand under the hood. I have been living with this for a while now trying to decide how to go about fixing it.
This morning I went out to start it,(about 18 deg. F ). @ Crank, crank, crank, BOOM!! It started with the sound of " 3 "high school drum bands playing as if it were the state championship and smoke.
Holy !$@!%$ did it smoke. White, black, puffs, streams, clouds I think I even saw the resemblance of Jesus and Mary. Needless to say every neighbor within 3 blocks are now familiar with the mighty 6.5 TD.
As the smoke cleared so did the crowd of on-lookers, as everyone realized there was no need to call the fire department.
Hecklers and laughs-out-loud about what a P.O.S I was driving echoed down the street as I continued on with my trip. I filled up on the way home and figured out my fuel mileage. As I put down the calculator a big smile came over my face 20mpg all with a load or trailer. Put that in your pipe and SMOKE it.

a5150nut
12-19-2010, 07:14
All that cylinder unbalance can be a bit hard on the crank and block. Have you checked the glow system?