PDA

View Full Version : Injector replacment

Cliff Lewis
10-29-2010, 08:14
I had all NEW injectors replaced in Vegas a few weeks ago and when I got home I discovered an antifreeze leak and guess what, the head gaskets are leaking. After removing heads and p.s.i. checking we come to find injector holes one on each head is leaking! That is to coincidental wouldn't you think. Did the mechanic over torqure or was there dirt in hole or what! That is why I am looking for heads and there seems to be non available.:mad: Any ideas?

DickWells
10-29-2010, 08:31
Cliff: What engine, what year? If it's a Dura Max, try posting this, with more detail, on the 6600 Forum. The D M guys will probably see it there, sooner. Since you suspect dirt around the injectors, I have to assume you are talking about a DM. If it's early, (LB7), you'll have cups under the injectors, which does expose us to poor sealing. So, give the experts some more info, and they'll come back in here with some good advice for you, I'm sure. Good luck.

DmaxMaverick
10-29-2010, 08:57
Go back to Vegas and have the shop do the injector job right, or pay you to have it done somewhere else. If it's only been a few weeks since, no doubt as to the cause. If you pulled the heads due to the coolant leak, well, they owe you for that too. Your heads are (or were) probably OK, and the shop that did the injectors are the ONLY cause of your problem.

I'll move this thread to the Duramax forum.