PDA

View Full Version : New IP/PMD Confusion

Stratosurfer
10-08-2010, 11:51
All,
Put a new OEM Stanadyne IP on the Burb a couple of weeks ago. Told my mech to remove the PMD and connect the IP to my remote mounted Dipaco PMD on the cooler tray in the bumper, which he did.
Later my mech asked if he could borrow the new Stanadyne PMD (Gray model # 39405) which I lent him. He called and said the IP on the 1994 6.5 truck he was troubleshooting would not connect to that new Stanadyne PMD I gave him, said it had a different connector. I was puzzled as the connector on my new IP on the Burb is now connected to Dipaco PMD.

Apparently Stanadyne's new PMD has a different connector. What I don't understand is that my old remote harness is working going to my Dipaco PMD: apparently the male end of the new pumps connectors will work with the female end of the old style remote mount harness.
Can anybody shine some light on this issue? Do we need to change remote PMD harnesses when we move to a new OEM IP: Mine old one is working?
A little confused here.
Thanks

racer55
10-08-2010, 17:44
The grey pmd is a new style connector and has gold plated pins and a new style resistor.
In order to use the grey pmd you need to change the IP harness to the new style gold plated connector or get a short or long adapter cord.
The flight systems pmd's (dipaco,Dtech,ect)still use the old style connector.