PDA

View Full Version : Multi-Purpose Synthetic Blend Trans Fluid

Billman
01-05-2005, 13:32
Anybody using this stuff in their 4L80E?

We are now using it in our fleet to eliminate 3 different types of trans fluids.

Currently have the Mobil brand. Mercon V Synthetic Blend.

Product says it satisfies General Motors' Dexron-II or Dexron-III.

I'm guessing Synthetic-Blend is still better than conventional.

What do you guys think?

Dvldog 8793
01-05-2005, 16:02
Howdy
I thought the Mobile 1 synthetic ATF and the Amsoil ATF worked in everything? I don't have a bottle handy or I would check. I run the Mobile ATF in everything.
L8r
Conley Janssen
USMC 87-93

eracers999
01-06-2005, 00:05
Aint nothin like the real thing baby. Imagine the tune when you say that.
Semi synthetic is better that plain i guess that is why you pay more for it.
I would sell the idea that pure synthetic would be better because you could double the service life of the fluid. Another idea is to take your plain ole fluid and add a pure synthetic additive like lube guard and make your own semi synthetic fluid, works really well for my customers, it really toughens up the fluid.
Kent.

Billman
01-06-2005, 05:47
Conley

It's not Mobil 1. It's Mobil Mercon V Synthetic Blend.

Kent

Your 100% correct. Nothing like the real thing. We are going to this fluid to eliminate 3 different types that we currently need. Provided their are no issues as far as converter lock-up or clutch slippage of any sort, I'll try it. I'm not looking for longer drain intervals, I already have a ridiculous maintenance schedule with everything I own. I don't plan on changing that.

I'm just thinking if the Blend is better than conventional, I'll try it.

The price is right, if you know what I mean...

markelectric
01-06-2005, 12:52
Less than a year after installing this in a 4l80 I had it in the shop for a new tranny. My rebuilder claims there is no "grip" in the synthetics. In my case with some heavy towing, that means bye bye clutches.