PDA

View Full Version : Injection Pump Question

shadow1208
09-26-2010, 05:53
Yesterday I picked up a new in the box pump very cheap mainly for the pmd on the side, as my pump is working fine. I thought I would hold on to it for a spare pump, but the part numbers on the pump don't look like any of the pump numbers I have seen on here anywhere. The pump # is ds4831 5941 but I drive a 96 and am not sure if it will even work on my truck. Any insight as to whether or not this is worth holding on to or what it might fit would be great.
Thanks

6.5TDTahoe
09-26-2010, 18:33
Hi,Now is the time to determine if the IP is ,new'(never installed) or someones idea of a rebuilt. Should be in an AC Delco or STANADYNE box with part number & other supporting documents inside. It will never be worth more than now so get it on the market if not correct part # for your truck. Ask both A GM dealer & A Stanadyne Dist. can tell you what application it's for.

shadow1208
09-27-2010, 04:27
It's not in an ac delco or stanadyne box, however it is in a factory gm box with part number 17800113 on it. So I belive it to be new, but there was no paperwork with it and my gm dealer said that they couldn't tell me what it fits, but if I had a vin number they could tell me if it came stock on it or not.