PDA

View Full Version : Another PMD story

phantom309
09-16-2010, 18:28
I still think i,m 10ft tall and bulletproof, No way is my pmd gonna fail,. i don't work the truck i keep the tank full,. no way will it happen to me,.
Reality check: i,m 5'7" bald and pudgy, truck wouldn't start first try at the mall with the wife,.fired on the second try, WTF??
almost home truck died while going 30+mph, then picked up again, WTF?
went to go out again,. no start,.well i,ve read enough to know i finally became a failed pmd statistic
Borrowed a spare plugged it in and all is good,.
I had been trolling around on ebay and had acquired a new grey stanadyne pmd with the new harness, but no resistor,.
after comparing things,.i pulled the resistor out of a black box,. trimmed the guides on the sides, and installed it in the grey box,.The new grey box will fit on the old style plug,.IF, you trim (grind off) the plastic guides on the sides of the plug,.
will install my 6ft harness cooler and new grey pmd on saturday,.
then its back to 10ft tall, and impervious to bullets again!!

nick :D

Robyn
09-17-2010, 07:20
Better keep a can or two of "whupass" handy to spray on that gray PMD from time to time.

I have not used one of the gray ones. Been a fan of the Dtech units though.

Good luck

Missy

phantom309
09-17-2010, 16:15
Thanks robin,.. i do have a complete mechanical pump, and tranny in a spare truck i got,. ($500cdn) it runs so good tho,..
i will consider switching to mechanical pump,. (the next time the pmd quits??)
just not 100% sure how to plug the tps wires into the ecm? to control the tranny,..

Nick

convert2diesel
09-17-2010, 20:12
Nick:

I have a TPS from one of the older California DB2s in the garage. You'll have to extend TPS harness from the electronic pedal out to the pump but that should work. If you want, you can borrow my standalone tranny controller until I do the Caddy conversion (if ever) if you can figure out how to wire it in. Its from a 93 van with the mechanical pump and electronic 4L80E.

Bill

phantom309
09-20-2010, 18:05
Nick:

I have a TPS from one of the older California DB2s in the garage. You'll have to extend TPS harness from the electronic pedal out to the pump but that should work. If you want, you can borrow my standalone tranny controller until I do the Caddy conversion (if ever) if you can figure out how to wire it in. Its from a 93 van with the mechanical pump and electronic 4L80E.

Bill

Thanks bill but see above post,. i have a complete truck with all that on it,. tps at the pump,. stand alone computer etc,. all specific to the 93 trucks,.cruise control is something i really like ,. the drive by wire cruise works so well,.
i guess the ecm is just eliminated,. and i use everything from the 93 truck,.then get a mechanical cruise unit?

anyway,. not on the list yet,.i just put the super cooler and new grey stanadyne pmd at the front bumper hole,.all is good,. (for a while?)

Nick