PDA

View Full Version : programmer for LB7 any suggestions or anyone have one for sale???

fishon90
09-01-2010, 04:02
hello everyone!! i am new to the duramax world. i have a 2001 LB7 and want to get a programmer for some performance and towing. the locals say the PPE Xcelerator is the way to go. can anyone help me or does anyone have one for sale?????

richp
09-01-2010, 12:10
Hi,

After you add the chip, and should you not already have gauges, you'll want them next.

If you decide to go with the analog dial-type, I have a two-gauge pod from my '01 that you could talk me out of.

FWIW.

Heartbeat Hauler
09-02-2010, 08:51
hello everyone!! i am new to the duramax world. i have a 2001 LB7 and want to get a programmer for some performance and towing. the locals say the PPE Xcelerator is the way to go. can anyone help me or does anyone have one for sale?????

Go and check the clasified section in the next forum up ^. :)

Kennedy
09-03-2010, 05:46
While I do have several old "chips" like Edge, Van aaken, Banks etc for the LB7 to clean out, I'd suggest reading this first:

http://www.thedieselpageforums.com/tdpforum/showthread.php?t=36803

These are not just isolated incidents reported in this thread.

THEFERMANATOR
09-03-2010, 19:12
If you had an 02-04 I would say a PREDATOR would be a good cheap tuner, but 01's really need an operating system update as the 01 operating system SUCKS to put it mildly.

Kennedy
09-04-2010, 05:57
The LB7 Predator had a reputation of making relatively high EGT's.

Mark Rinker
09-05-2010, 12:55
Having run multiple programmers, propane injection, etc. on three LB7s totalling nearly well over 300K miles...I highly recommend Kennedy's switchable "tow/haul a$$" tune. ;)

Add the Kennedy boost valve, and you're set for great towing performance, fantastic unloaded mileage, and an amazingly clean burn with the possiblity of honey colored crankcase oil. My 2002 actually had 130K on before installing, and over the next 50K the oil got cleaner and cleaner between 10K intervals. When it was sold at 280K miles the engine oil stayed honey to clearish brown in color...never sooty black. Part of this was dumb luck with the boost valve setting, no doubt.

Most other LB7 tunes give something, but lack in another department. Kennedy's LB7 tune should have been licensed by GM and wired into the tow/haul button, in my opinion.