PDA

View Full Version : New 2011 Ordered!!!

GL1800
08-17-2010, 09:31
I put in my order for a 2011 2500HD last week. Long box crew cab.
I hope it turns out as good as my 2003 has been.

Mark Rinker
08-17-2010, 10:06
Great looking trucks with extraordinary tow ratings! Glad GM is still turning them out.

More Power
08-17-2010, 12:54
Post some pics and let us know how it goes for you. Should be a great truck! Jim

GL1800
08-17-2010, 21:43
As soon as I get it I will post pictures. Should be here in 45 days.

JK do you have any thoughts on what if any upgrades should be done? Lift pump,more filtration,etc?

Kennedy
08-18-2010, 08:00
The big problem I see is how the dealer will perceive the mods in regards to warranty. Mine will get my Twin lift pump setup, added fuel filtration, and FPPF additive from day 1. Time will tell how they hold up, but from what the LBZ is showing us...

GL1800
08-19-2010, 15:42
The big problem I see is how the dealer will perceive the mods in regards to warranty. Mine will get my Twin lift pump setup, added fuel filtration, and FPPF additive from day 1. Time will tell how they hold up, but from what the LBZ is showing us...

Mine also will be getting the FPPF from day 1 as my 2003 has .
I am going to talk to my dealer,s service manager and see what his feelings are on the subject of additional filtering etc.

Mark Rinker
08-20-2010, 06:08
How many miles on your 2003? How did the injectors do?

GL1800
08-20-2010, 10:52
How many miles on your 2003? How did the injectors do?

It has 111K and all is well so far. No smoke and the oil checks show no diesel present and everything normal.

GL1800
08-31-2010, 13:45
Dealer called and my truck is built and on its way! Should be here( Washington State ) in 10 days or so. I cant believe I am getting excited!

cowboywildbill
09-02-2010, 05:37
You should have waited to order. It's rumored that GM is going to have a buy one get one free sale in November. Then you could have given the other 2011 to me!!!!! LOL !
Just kidding! But you knew that.
I wish I could get one, but I only have 21,000 on our 07 classic. I don't even know what it is worth. It's still like show room new and loaded beyond what GM put's in them.

GL1800
09-28-2010, 22:58
I picked up my new truck today. Now the fun starts getting it all fixed up to suit me. I will post pics as soon as I get it done.

I talked to the dealers service manager about filtration,lift pump etc, and he said as long as the ecm was not messed with all was cool as far as warranty. He also confirmed that GM requires them to take a picture of the ecm read out for all warranty work.

Jeff

GL1800
10-13-2010, 09:48
I have put 1000 miles on my new truck and not only have I been busy getting it just the way I want it I have some observations and questions for this learned board.

So far I really love the power,ride,handling,and all of the engineering upgrades that have gone into the truck.The power along with the quiet ride is amazing.I am in the process of getting it tricked out. Rinoline bed,color matched fender flares,mats,stainless bed rails and tailgate protector.Almost done.

The negatives for me are the way that the interior has been deprived of almost all storage space! Center console with a big gaping hole to put things in. No small shelves in the dash at all.No overhead storage. Door pockets gone on the rear doors.The glove box is so small that all of the owners manuals wont fit. It is a LTZ model and the CD changer is a single disc.Compared to my 2003 there is almost 60 % less storage. One of the things I miss are the pull out extensions on the sun visors! To me this is almost a safety issue.Much more direct sun in the eyes with this new body style.No factory fender flares also seems cheap to me.

Do any of you who have this new body style have and suggestions for interior storage that works for you? I have looked on the net but it seems that the new body style interior accessories are lacking.

Thanks for listening to my rant .

Jeff

cowboywildbill
10-13-2010, 12:19
I hope your getting the great milage that we are. I posted about it in the members area. I'm well pleased so far. We have a big center console in ours and with the bluetooth and mp3/ipod adapter I won't be using many CD's anymore.

willydmax
11-05-2010, 12:48
GL8100...Just a note on the sun visors. I think if I'm not mistaken that the visors extend on the support instead of a separate extension like the older trucks. Try it and see, maybe I'm wrong.