PDA

View Full Version : vacuum pump

gilbertmonchat
04-29-2005, 19:15
somebody know a site (with picture) to explain how to take out vacuum pump on 1995 6.5 turbo diesel.............thank

BrentN
04-29-2005, 19:46
I dont know of a website, but when I did mine it was quite easy.
1. Remove the serpentine belt.
2. Remove the 3 mounting bolts.
3. Disconnect the vacuum line
4. Remove.

If you are replacing the vacuum pump...make sure your replacement pump has the pulley already installed or you have access to a press where you can press the old pulley off your dead pump and press onto the new one. Having done that myself the last time, I would opt to buy one from Kennedy with the pulley already installed..My pulley got fairly bent up...there isnt much metal there and it is easy to bend.

Good luck.

tom.mcinerney
04-30-2005, 19:05
Gilbert, on the '95 the vac pump is beneath the AC compressor. Remove psgr side battery (remove cables at drivers side). Remove three bolts securing AC compressor. It remains held in place by bracket. Now need slack off two nuts holding bracket to vac pump hold-down-studs. These are inboard, near or on water pump, about three inches vertically separated . Now flip/rotate AC Compressor into space earlier vacated by psgr side battery. [don't disconnect AC hoses] A little cleaning makes it straightforward now. I may have a photo i can send if email request to "hotmail.com AT tbhpmci" (reverse assemble addy).

chickenhunterbob
04-30-2005, 20:22
I did this a while back,

As Tom Mac suggests, after taking off the belt, remove the AC compressor.

You might be able to do it with it on, I don't recall how the brackets are connected, but I think is pprobably easier with AC off.

Remove 3 AC bracket bolts, then move it to the right.

Next is the vac pump, should be in plain view now.

Rest is pretty straight foreward, I think, there is one bolt that you have to go thru the hole in the pulley. But is pretty simple.

gilbertmonchat
04-30-2005, 20:28
thanks everyone, it's pretty simple when you have the good way to do it, my problem was the last bolt on the bracket i didn't see the hole in the pulley, now i know ;) :D thanks everyone