PDA

View Full Version : Not happy with truck

jdhdkid
07-24-2010, 08:41
I have a 2005 F350, 6.0 dually. The truck has only 80k on it, at 54k the truck went from good to bad. After many repairs, 2 egr valves, 2 egr coolers, 2 turbo's and new head gaskets all done under warrenty. I'm now out of warrenty, the truck is running ok (not great).
When I got the truck new I was getting 16-18 mpg, and 14-16 mpg towing our 31ft 5th wheel. I now get 12-14mpg and when I tow the 5th wheel it drops down to 6.5mpg. This is with a Super Chip Tunner
I have asked Ford about this and they say that there is no standard for trucks mpg and that is with in their range. I now know that the 6.0 motor is junk. I have been told that at some point Ford detuned it. Is their anything I can do, or should I start looking for a new truck and if so what make. I'm about a year from retirement.
Thanks for any addvice.
JDHDKID

More Power
07-24-2010, 13:16
The 6.0 was a big problem for Ford in the areas you mentioned. You already know that. However, like most things, Internet user groups have a way of coming together to solve problems in ways not envisioned by either the manufacturers or dealers. The 6.0 can be made to provide reliable service, and I recommend you visit www.thedieselstop.com (http://www.thedieselstop.com) which is devoted to the PSD and all of its iterations through the years. Please report back once you've had time to sort it all out.

Jim