PDA

View Full Version : Interior Conversion

6.5 Detroit Diesel
06-18-2010, 16:45
So, my 95' 1500 has started to drink up coolant. It's a beater, so I have decided to take it off the road. My 1993 that I am building has a crappy interior. I just don't like the interior styling as opposed to the 1995's and later. I am going to pull the interior from the '95 and install it in the 93. The only real issue that I can for see is the connection between the dash cluster. I know the harness plugs are different between the 93/94 and the 95. Anywhere to get a conversion harness or would I be best off to set up my own wiring?

Hubert
06-20-2010, 12:20
Only one I can think of that might be of help is Painless Wiring. Never really heard of doing this but I can see your point I like the later 90's interior and cluster better too. Worst were the late 80's what were they thinking? I even like the 70's/early 80's better.

6.5 Detroit Diesel
06-21-2010, 10:00
ah, i never even thought of painless. i shall check them out.

the other thing i am trying to decide, is if i should swap in the DS4 IP and convert the truck. the 93 is all apart already, and i have the complete donor 95 to use. i know in the past i have been very much for MFI, but after my other 95' with a simple chip in that equaled all my mods on the 93, i am seriously considering switching. the parts truck will have an almost brand new DS4 coming off it. combining that with the water/methanol, hi flow injectors, and a crazy CAI, might be what i am really looking for...... :D