PDA

View Full Version : Which Trans, Ats Or Suncost

BIG FT/LBS
06-08-2010, 15:37
I hurt my stock allison pulling my 38' toy hauler today. I am ready to upgrade my trans. This question has probably been asked a thousand times, so I apologize. My truck is a 2003, I am running stacked fuel programs and like to pour the coals to it. I would like to hear some opinions on which trans/converter package is better, ATS or Suncoast. Any help would be great! I don't want to have to worry about hurting the trans again and do plan on adding much more power once I have the trans installed.

kaylabryn
06-08-2010, 16:16
I say either do it yourself with help from Mike at Inglewood Trans or have a reputable builder built it for you. I am not a big fan of ATS, "To big to fail" Ya right. They flaunt their warranty which is great but if you have to use it alot then well I would rather not have warranty and not have mess with it. I built mine with phone tech and it has held up great with around 450 or so to the ground. Have only towed 12k- 15k so far but did that with a solid 100 horse tune, no problems.

Mike

Kennedy
06-09-2010, 10:11
I have to say Suncoast all the way. Best support and most reliable product.

We can help with the trans AND get you smarter, even stronger tuning that what you have stacked.

85chevyk30
06-14-2010, 21:14
DONT GO WITH ATS i had a ats tranny in my duramax conversion truck. the darn thing lasted to two days before a vein broke the convertor.
It took ats 9 freaking weeks to rebuild the convertor. never deal with them

BIG FT/LBS
06-25-2010, 12:33
I Went With The Suncoast Trans And Converter. Thanks For The Input!

rustyk
06-25-2010, 21:21
Good move! I had mine redone (with the SC billet cut input and the billet cut TC) recently - at Sun Coast/Webb's Transmissions. I couldn't be happier - mine's in a motorhome, and the ensemble has improved fuel economy by at least 8% (and more like 10%), and I'm getting the engine to do the work rather than the tranny.