PDA

View Full Version : Seat Belt won't release

tx dave
05-19-2010, 04:55
My passenger side seat belt will not flow with normal movement when my wife is riding with me. It holds her tight and even tighten up more when I hit a rough part of the road. I know it probably has an adjustment some where but I can not find it. If anyone could help, she would appriciate it. For me, I only sit in the drivers seat, NO Problems there ;)

More Power
05-20-2010, 10:53
My passenger side seat belt will not flow with normal movement when my wife is riding with me. It holds her tight and even tighten up more when I hit a rough part of the road. I know it probably has an adjustment some where but I can not find it. If anyone could help, she would appriciate it. For me, I only sit in the drivers seat, NO Problems there ;)

Rough roads could produce the sealt belt problems you're reporting. Or, it could be due to an overly sensitive locking mechanism. Does the seat belt mechanism work normally with the truck sitting in the driveway? Otherwise, if the truck's still under the 3/36 warranty, a dealer should be able to help.

Jim