PDA

View Full Version : no power to LP

ChevyTD
04-26-2010, 20:51
hi guy
as I driving down the road and my truck LP work as normal and all of a sudden i have no power to the LP at all. Stop , turn off the engine and unhook the connect at the LP and remove the fuel pump relay and put it back same as the connector by the LP , very much like unplug and plug it back up then put the test light at the LP connector, then it back to normal, then as my way home about few miles down the road i have no power to the LP against. Anyone run into that kind of a problem and what do you guy think what i should be check at? oh and it happen after i remove the driver side battery to test my boat and when i put the battery back then i have no power to the LP like off and on , off and on ,... thank for yoour help and soorry for a long post

rustyk
04-26-2010, 21:06
It sounds like the oil pressure switch, which powers the lift pump after the "start" position on the IGN switch, is bad.

redsuburban
04-27-2010, 10:58
Had a similar problem last week. Tripped Code 231 - low voltage to LP. Changed out both LP relay (easy) and OPS (thank goodness for 4 letter words!). OPS definitely bad as I gained almost 10 PSI in oil pressure reading. Running like a champ now (310,000 miles) no codes.