PDA

View Full Version : Boost Gauge Readings/Wastegate Selonoid

midnightrumbler
03-22-2010, 13:07
I have been experiencing alot of black smoke on hard acceleration and a loss of power. I just finished installing a boost gauge in a bone stock 95 Silverado 3500dually 4x4 and I am wondering if someone could tell me what boost is suppost to be ad idle, half throttle and full throttle. I am getting 0 boost at idle and around 6 lbs of boost at full throttle.

I disconnected my wastegate selonoid and piggy backed the two vacuum lines together and the truck ran like a champ, little or no black smoke and tons of powerr. This was just for the test run and my boost shot up to 12psi which I know is too much for a stock 6.5.

Vacuum is at 24lbs from the vac pump and at the actuator I am seeing 18. When I piggybacked the lines together, my vacuum at the selonoid was 24 as well. Not sure if I have a faulty selonoid or if I have a small leak inside the actuator casuing loss of power. The actuator holds strong at idle as I cannot move the wastegate.

I am getting a DTC 46 at this time. Could that be because I disconnected vacuum to the selonoid? I know this is for the MIL. I do not get a check engine light coming on at anytime but have pulled codes indicating stored DTC's

May have to build a Turbomaster

JohnC
03-23-2010, 15:25
I am getting a DTC 46 at this time. I know this is for the MIL. I do not get a check engine light coming on at anytime

DTC 46 means the check engine light is inop.

Everything else seems pretty normal.

rustyk
03-23-2010, 20:46
Try changing your air filter.

midnightrumbler
03-24-2010, 13:18
Air filter has been changed out as well. I am in the process of installing a homd made turbo master. Will see if this clears up the bacl smoke