PDA

View Full Version : Droopy doors? $15 plus half an hour fix...

rapidoxidationman
10-29-2003, 20:55
Ok, I know a lot of you are down on the way that GM has glued the door hinges onto the doors and frame of the truck, but you gotta admit, it's some REALLY strong glue...
That said, I was getting sick of the Nader bar being scraped every time I had to close my driver's side door, and I was also tired of having to slam it to make it close. Can't be good for anything, all that force. Looked in the Haynes manual and found that there are bushings and hinge pins that are not hard to replace, got the parts for about $15 at the local stealer, and found that the hardest part to making my door good as new was putting that damn spring back in that keeps the door in the open position. Definitely worth the aggravation. It's easily the cheapest part I've yet replaced on the truck too.
:D
Rapid

catmandoo
10-30-2003, 05:24
gotta watch the hinge where it is attached to the door if ya swing the door open look and see if it is separating you might have to put some pressure on it but my guess is it is starting this is why i want to put at least 1 bolt in each hinge to at least keep it from pullin apart any farther.

rjschoolcraft
10-30-2003, 06:06
Replaced the door hinge pins on both front doors of my Suburban. Hinge plates are securly attached. The way to put the spring back in place is to compress it in a vise, then use wire or a wire tie to hold it...slip it into position and clip the wire or wire tie...voila!

rjwest
12-01-2003, 14:55
Great Post..... Just starting to have problem...
Thanks