PDA

View Full Version : Transfer Case Noise -- HELP

NEW2DMAX
03-16-2010, 18:23
Made the Pump Upgrade in a 2001 HD, Upgrade install went well, AND AFTER APPROX. 200 MILES I HAVE WHAT SOUNDS LIKE SOMETHING IS GRINDING IN THE CONE PORTION ON THE T-CASE (where the rear drive shaft enters the case) heard it as I was driving slow along a wall with the window down. When I got the truck home jacked the rear off the ground and turned the rear tire and the noise is coming from the t-case.

wfyehl
06-30-2010, 20:13
New2Dmax,

Did you figure out what your problem was? I have a similar problem with my '96 Sub with the 4L80E Trans.

Let me know.

More Power
08-02-2010, 11:04
Made the Pump Upgrade in a 2001 HD, Upgrade install went well, AND AFTER APPROX. 200 MILES I HAVE WHAT SOUNDS LIKE SOMETHING IS GRINDING IN THE CONE PORTION ON THE T-CASE (where the rear drive shaft enters the case) heard it as I was driving slow along a wall with the window down. When I got the truck home jacked the rear off the ground and turned the rear tire and the noise is coming from the t-case.

Time to take it back apart..... :(

Before re-installing the tcase in the truck, spinning the in/output shafts after re-assembly would help confirm that it all went back together correctly. Jim