PDA

View Full Version : Help New filter no power

Dave Brooks
03-07-2010, 14:32
I have a 1988 6.2 dually. I replaced the fuel filter today, followed the instructions in the haynes manually. Bled the air and all. Started right up. Took it out for a ride. It has no power. Runs but no get up and go. Any ideas .:mad:

john8662
03-08-2010, 08:15
Ensure that your air bleed and fuel drain valves are both closed. Could be getting an air problem.

Dave Brooks
03-08-2010, 19:53
Itried that. They are tight. The haynes maual says that there are newer style seals for that. Any idea where to get them?

john8662
03-09-2010, 12:09
Stanadyne makes the fuel filter housing. Your best best is going to be the dealer and or a Diesel Pump shop that's autorized for Stanadyne pumps. This is most likely not necessary to change these seals.

So, out of curiousity, was the filter change based on trying to resolve a running condition or out of preventative maintenance?

J

Dave Brooks
03-09-2010, 17:35
The filter was changed out of maintinence. I am anal about clean filters. I have a dodge with a small block with only 243,000 on it. I went to the local dealer and they wanted 30 bucks for each plug.Is there any good shops in the philly/new jersey area.

Dave Brooks
03-12-2010, 09:34
I noticed the water drain hose is a little moist with fuel. All the plugs are tight dose anyone think the water drain is not sealing and allowing air back into the filter? Dose anyone know a dealer where I can get thse plugs and not get hosed? My dealer wants 31 bucks a plug.

john8662
03-12-2010, 12:35
Could very well be an air leak.

I'd hate to pay that for a seal too, but if they got it and you need it, there really isn't a better source. Try and see if they can sell it to you at a better price. I've head luck at some dealers by running the part number online at GMpartsdirect.com and giving them the price, usually they budge some.

J