PDA

View Full Version : Need new engine

Keith Gauthier
03-01-2010, 12:52
I'm currently looking to purchase a rebuilt motor. The one that I'm thinking about is a 6.5 conversion motor from Diesel Fixers LLC in Hermitage TN, Tom Sanders is the Gentelmens name just wondering if anyone has purchased motors from him or what is the best approach.

Thanks Keith:confused:

rogers
03-02-2010, 03:08
I'm currently looking to purchase a rebuilt motor. The one that I'm thinking about is a 6.5 conversion motor from Diesel Fixers LLC in Hermitage TN, Tom Sanders is the Gentelmens name just wondering if anyone has purchased motors from him or what is the best approach.

Thanks Keith:confused:

Is this the guy that sells the "rebuilt" military 6.2s to replace the 6.5s? I don't have any experience with him. I think I've seen his stuff on ebay. Make sure to ask lots of questions, but stay away from yes or no questions. Those are too easy to bluff. The same is true of any rebuilder. Also call and talk to several different rebuilders even if you don't plan on buying from them. You will learn a lot when you compare answers.

BigGun J
03-07-2010, 14:11
You can search under my name as I have commented before. I originally talked to him and he said that he was not experiencing the web cracks with the military take outs. I purchased one. Pulled the military pan to fit mine and the lower end had rebuild grease. I believe he replaced the mains and rings.
I looked close and the main webs were slightly cracked. The IP had rust in it when I pulled the 24V solinoid to fit my 12V. The return lines were vac lines and that was a scarry find on my way to the muffler shop. I have run the motor for a year as a daily driver in my Toyota Landcruiser FJ 60. I will be pulling the injectors and IP and sending them in for a tune up because the motor is becoming rattlie. When I called to talk about the issues he never returned my call. The motor is defentially a runner. I cleaned the IP the best I could, fired her up and she has been running ever sence. Not overly smokey or hungry on oil. Best move I did was going with a 6.2. When it dies I will spend the needed amount to purchase one from a vendor that is reconised on this site. The ebay motor was cheap and it allowed me to set the foundation for my project.
Good Luck. Jim