PDA

View Full Version : Cooper Tires

chambie
02-24-2010, 17:47
Hello,
Has anyone tried the Cooper SRM II radials on their trucks ? I was looking at them today, but can't find alot of info on them. ( Just a general Disc. )

Thanks,
Lindsay

chambie
03-03-2010, 17:24
I went out on a limb and bought them. So far i really like em. they are quiet, smooth, and have decent traction in the snow.

NutNbutGMC
03-03-2010, 18:02
I went out on a limb and bought them. So far i really like em. they are quiet, smooth, and have decent traction in the snow.
What tire did you have previously and how many miles?

Ponderosa JT
03-04-2010, 11:42
Don't know much about the SMR, but I purchased the Cooper S/T's. Got em at Farm & Fleet buy 3 get one free. I also made sure to have them road force balanced. Tread pattern almost identical to BFG AT. They are a little noisy, but ride very smooth. Traction has been excellent. I think the road force balance on E range tires makes a big difference and highly recommend. So far (about 5K miles) they have been excellent. Cooper makes a good tire.

mattb5150
03-04-2010, 13:00
I like the fact that they are a relatively small company and refuse to make deals with the car makers to supply the assembly lines, like Firestone did with Ford a few years back!

Matt

chambie
03-04-2010, 15:38
Don't know much about the SMR, but I purchased the Cooper S/T's. Got em at Farm & Fleet buy 3 get one free. I also made sure to have them road force balanced. Tread pattern almost identical to BFG AT. They are a little noisy, but ride very smooth. Traction has been excellent. I think the road force balance on E range tires makes a big difference and highly recommend. So far (about 5K miles) they have been excellent. Cooper makes a good tire.

I have the s/t's on my truck @ work.. they are good tires for there.

chambie
03-04-2010, 15:40
What tire did you have previously and how many miles?

it had General Ameritraks on it when i bought the truck. I put 20K on those. Not known how long they were on before that