PDA

View Full Version : Waste Gate Again

farmerson
02-21-2010, 18:23
Hello, Can wire my wastegate closed on my 99? The controler is going bad and anytime you put it under a load it dumps it. Not even pulling anything, such as if you really hammer on it to take off fast it starts to take off then just hear the turbo spool up really fast get lots of smoke and no power what-so-ever!

arveetek
02-22-2010, 13:00
You can wire it shut for temporary, unloaded driving. However, if you try to tow a trailer or haul a heavy load, you WILL set a code and then the computer will de-fuel the engine.

I tried this on my '95, and when the computer sees too much boost, it goes into limp mode, and pulls fuel. I could restart the engine, and it would work good for a while, but if I gave it too much fuel, it would do it all over again. It was really annoying try to pull a trailer.

I installed a TurboMaster wastegate controller and have had zero problems since.

Casey

farmerson
02-23-2010, 10:52
Ok, I have not done anything with the waste gate so i know its not that, but when you are driving down the road and hammer it, it blows lots of black smoke because it dumps the waste gate then turns to white. Do i have a blown head gasket? there is no water in the oil.