PDA

View Full Version : Check Engine ?

midnightrumbler
02-15-2010, 10:06
Just curious to see where the check engine light is located on the dash panel? I have the 1995 GM 12 pin connector and I tried to jump the A and B pins with the paper clip trick and I am not seeing a check engine light anywhere. I do not see that any wires have been tampered with but who knows, I may have to dig deeper. The only light that appears and stays on is the throttle light. The glow plug light, water in fuel and check gages light will come on with KOEO but no other lights. Wondering if maybe the check engine bulb is gone.

If i try the paper clip trick on my 89 chev, I have no issues with reading codes. Are the 95 12 pin connectors slightly different?

Also, a seperate issue as I am new to the 6.5's. What are thr RPM's suppost to be at when dirving around 80m/h? I seem to be running 2500 rpm. The truck is supposed to have the 4l80E tranny but I cannot see a code on the tranny. I do not feel the tranny shift into overdrive on seems to stay in high 4.

I am having an issue with the truck cutting in and out will driving. Does not stall but cuts in and out while above 50. The PMD has been changed and I am told I need an injector pump. Would like to rule everything out first before spending money on a pump.

Thank you

JohnC
02-15-2010, 14:06
Been a while, but I think it says "Service Engine Soon". You should be able to make it out even if it doesn't light up. Look in the upper left corner of the dash. Try shining a flashlight on the panel if you can't find it. The bulb could be bad, or someone took it out because it was on all the time...

The pins to jump are the upper right two on the ALDL connector