PDA

View Full Version : universal tailpipe kit

norm
12-24-2004, 09:05
Thinking about putting in the flowmaster 3.5" universal tailpipe kit, but wonder if it will fit? Has anyone used this?

Also considering changing my muffler to a gibson stainless 3" straight-through that I have on the shelf from another truck.

What do you think this will sound like?? I am a bit concerned about noise having a service job - don't want to make a scene. [my current muff is a big dynomax rv super turbo]

Keith Richards
12-25-2004, 12:18
I wouldnt be concerned about noise too much(exhaust noise I should say)with out a muffler,or with a straight through design.Engine noise is the only loud thing,with my truck after installing a pinnacle 4"straight through muffler,its hardly a muffler at all,I think its just designed to look like one on the outside,and the truck sounds sweet and is hardly noticably louder than stock,just a lower rumble to the exhaust note.

norm
12-25-2004, 17:40
You know you're probably right - just having a diesel at all is noticable, I guess the exaust note won't worry anyone.
But I will need a better tailpipe. I was thinking about trying the flowmaster universal, but would consider anyone's 3, 3.5, or 4 inch piece if I could purchase it seperately. Any ideas?

Home from family Christmas - kids in bed - it's a good thing!