PDA

View Full Version : Injectors Replaced AGAIN!!!

Deputy1402
01-30-2010, 08:40
Ok, dealer says that I need to replace the injectors AGAIN! Replaced them under warrenty @ 68K, now again at 164K. It seems like the 01 LB7 had Bosh injectors, and were replaced with Bosh injectors. Might these also have the same issues? I'm fighting a loosing battle with the dealer on replacement. ($5K) I have taken good care of this truck, the records prove it. I tow a 14,000 lb. trailer twice a year, short distance, and a motorcycle trailer about 5 times a year. No great stress on this truck! Any advice! If I end up replacing them myself, what brand is recomended. I would like to get another 150K out of this truck, or more. UGH!!!!!

THEFERMANATOR
01-30-2010, 11:42
All of the injectors are BOSCH pieces as no aftermarkets are available right now. There are a few budget shops out there on EBAY selling them for $150 and all they do is slap new nozzles in them and send em out and hope for the best. I do know that the LB7 injectors were said to have been upgraded in mid 08 and the new ones have had a pretty good track record so far. Also remember you get what you pay for when it comes to LB7 injectors, only run BOSCH units unless you want to be back in it again in 6 months(or less). I know the INJECTORS can be bought for right around $2K give or take a bit, and probably another $200 in gaskets and miscellaneous parts. I know I did my first set in about 8 hours, so 10 hours labor should cover it. Most all of the dealerships are just plain raping people when it comes to doing these injectors though, and they are charging you $350-385 each for the injectors to boot. Ask around on the forums and I bet you can find a good shop to do them for you for alot less.

Kennedy
02-01-2010, 14:52
I'm not seeing any repeats on the reman units we've been selling. As said earlier ONLY Bosch and watch out for the cheap stuff. There are a lot of fly by night discounters on the web to watch out for. If there's not a name, address, details, accomplishments etc think twice.

I'd also suggest replacing the hard lines to prevent additional corrosion from getting into the new unit when installing.

Also, looking forward I would highly recommend additional filtration, lift pump, and FPPF additive in ALL fuel burned.

Badge165
02-10-2010, 11:52
Deputy 1402 I feel your pain! I had my injectors replaced at 41,000 in my '02 and it was covered under the factory program. At 75,000 I had the same problem and was told by GM that they would not cover the replacement of the remanufactured injectors. I argued with them, but they told me to pound sand and would not budge. It cost me $4200 to have all the work done and I am mad; I am retired and living on a fixed income. What is going on? I take very good care of my truck and don't understand why this is happening. I wish someone would start a class action suit to get GM to fix this issue. I am now considering adding a second filter, but want to have it where I can change it easily myself. I am told that this will help give my injectors a longer life.

GM needs to look at customer service and think about promoting faith in their product.

NutNbutGMC
02-10-2010, 16:07
Deputy 1402 I feel your pain! I had my injectors replaced at 41,000 in my '02 and it was covered under the factory program. At 75,000 I had the same problem and was told by GM that they would not cover the replacement of the remanufactured injectors. I argued with them, but they told me to pound sand and would not budge. It cost me $4200 to have all the work done and I am mad; I am retired and living on a fixed income. What is going on? I take very good care of my truck and don't understand why this is happening. I wish someone would start a class action suit to get GM to fix this issue. I am now considering adding a second filter, but want to have it where I can change it easily myself. I am told that this will help give my injectors a longer life.

GM needs to look at customer service and think about promoting faith in their product.GM doesn't care, never has, never will. The tax payers now own most of GM and their union labor. It's a bottomless pit. Sorry about your bad luck.