PDA

View Full Version : port above oil cooler lines for turbo supply

Mikey von
01-25-2010, 12:20
I have a port above the oil cooler lines and was wondering if I could use this port as the oil supply for my turbo? Basically does the port provide oil at pressure?

Subzilla
01-25-2010, 12:38
Yes, that's the one Banks says to use. You can pull up their installation manual on their website that shows a picture. BUT good luck getting out that port plug. It's a 1/4" square opening and tightly installed. I couldn't make mine budge without stripping the opening so I'm opting for a "T" fitting into the oil pressure sender.

Mikey von
01-25-2010, 13:08
Yes, that's the one Banks says to use. You can pull up their installation manual on their website that shows a picture. BUT good luck getting out that port plug. It's a 1/4" square opening and tightly installed. I couldn't make mine budge without stripping the opening so I'm opting for a "T" fitting into the oil pressure sender.

Thank you. I have the banks manual, guess I need to look at it.

Mine is on a freshly rebuilt block that is not yet installed. There is no plug there currently. I did try and pull the same plug on one of the blocks I took out and the square does not match up with a 3/8" ratchet extension, but the extension was too big.