PDA

View Full Version : brake warning light

rlvelin
09-15-2005, 08:04
This morning when I released the parking brake, the parking brake light stayed on but did get a little dimmer. I set and released the p-brake a few times with the same results, checked the reservoir level and did some low speed braking tests. Everything seemed to be working fine so I drove into town. When I parked I shut off the engine and started it back up again, this time no brake warning light, except when p-brake was applied and it went out when p-brake was released.

I was wonding if anyone knows what might have caused this, what sensors are tied to this system that would cause the warning light to come on? There is no anti-lock (that I know of) on this truck and the brakes functioned just the same as always.

Ryan

JohnC
09-15-2005, 09:52
Is the parking brake pedal returning all the way? Pull the release and lift the pedal with your toe. If the light goes out you're on the right track...

(Don't adjust the cable until you determine the brakes are releasing fully).

rlvelin
09-15-2005, 10:54
I did try "lifting" the pedal both with my toe and arm this morning with no effect. The parking brakes are fully releasing as best as I can tell. If it happens again I'll take a closer look at the parking brake pedal switch.

Ryan