PDA

View Full Version : good pics of a '94 (or similar) serp system

Mikey von
01-09-2010, 22:12
Looking to get my serp system on my 6.2l. I think I have a OK idea of where all the accs go. Not sure what brackets they use (I have all the brackets) and how the brackets attach.

Specifically, I am wondering if any of the brackets attach using the exhaust manifold bolts?

thanks!

Robyn
01-10-2010, 08:42
None of the serp brackets use the exhaust bolts.

The serp brackets bolt to the front of the engine using the holes in the front of the heads for some as well as some stud topped bolts that also hold the water pump and front cover on.

There are also some bolts that go into the front of the Block IIRC

Here is a Piccy of the front of a 6.2/6.5. Thuis engine has a Banks turbo on it but that makes no difference other than I removed the vaccum pumps pod to clear the turbo manifold.

You can pretty well see where everything sits.

Missy

Mikey von
01-10-2010, 09:59
Missy, thank you. I have been going off of this your pic above (from a different post) to know where everything goes. Now I am just trying to figure out the brackets and exhaust manifold bolts.

On my V-belt setup, the PS bracket uses the front 2 exhaust manifold bolts. The air intake housing
(water separator/tube) also uses the front two exhaust manifold bolts on the drivers side.