PDA

View Full Version : Amsoil Dual Filter Bypass

tanman_2006
01-08-2010, 10:18
I am ordering an amsoil dual filter relocation kit today and have a few questions.

The Article that was written here on the page shows the filter relocated on the outside of the frame rail. Is this a must?

My truck is my daily driver and farm truck, being 4x4 I would rather have the filter on the inside of the frame rail so I wont risk all of the rocks from aggressive tires hitting the filters, and I dont want to beable to see the filters either. What are my options?

Amsoil shows 3 filters that work with the system, which ones do I need?

What kind of intervals will I be looking at? I will be driving 700+ miles a week.

Subzilla
01-08-2010, 12:13
Got one on my Sub and it's inside the framerail. I realize we're talking different years and rigs but I don't think it matters one bit where it is. Maybe the article put it there for ease and convinience??

I use the 100 bypass filter and change it every 15k miles with the oil and change the regular filter (can't remember the filter number) every 7500. This was suggested by Greg Landyrt here on the Page. I confirmed the oil was still good with oil analysis when I first started using the stuff and don't do the analysis anymore. Probably should check again.

Been using this system for probably 100k miles now with no complaints.

tanman_2006
01-08-2010, 12:19
Thanks, that makes me feel good about purchasing the dual set up.

The extended intervals will pay for the set up quickly from the sounds of it.