PDA

View Full Version : Stalling Checklist DTC 13

roizpatagonia
01-07-2010, 11:43
Can you help me with a 2010 checklist guide?
1- Changed the PMD ( put a Dtech) wiring seems Ok
2- Changed the Actuator ( AcDelco #33072)
3- Changed Fuel filter
4- Changed both batteries (Prestolite 78bci 800 cca)

Still gives the DTC 13 error it cranks with power but doesn't start, what are the next steps to follow?
Thanks, regards, Daniel.

JohnC
01-07-2010, 16:25
The PCM monitors the voltage and current on the shutoff solenoid circuit. It also supplies the ground for the solenoid when it is supposed to be energized (run). DTC 13 means it doesn't like what it sees. Possible problems are blown fuse, bad wiring from the fuse to the solenoid, bad solenoid, or bad wiring from the solenoid to the PCM.

roizpatagonia
01-07-2010, 17:13
[QUOTE= bad wiring from the fuse to the solenoid, bad solenoid, or bad wiring from the solenoid to the PCM.[/QUOTE]

I get an scanner and gives the error for bad wiring from the solenoid to the PCM as you said, I unpluged the actuator and gave 12v and verified that the needle retracts, so I tried starting with 12 v applied to the actuator at the same time but didn't work, i didn't check the fuse but if I bypassed it giving 12 v direct to the solenoid it should work, any ideas?

JohnC
01-07-2010, 20:33
The solenoid should always have 12 volts. The control is on the ground side. The PCM supplies the ground. If you ground it manually the PCM will sense something amiss and may not allow the engine to start anyhow, I'm not sure.

roizpatagonia
01-08-2010, 06:03
Do you have any drawing of the wiring from the FSOS to the PCM? Do I have to take the manifold to check it? It's more convenient start to check the from where (PCM or FSOS)?