PDA

View Full Version : Wacky seats??

pete m
12-27-2009, 16:35
Have an `05 LT truck, has memory heated leather seats, all worked fine including the seats memory function. Suddenly the drivers seat lost its memory settings, then I noticed the heat would only stay on about a minute and shut off, now both seats act the same. Is this something that can be fixed without going to the dealer?, is there a seat control module that controls all seat functions?, where is it located and can you trouble shoot it?, thanks.

4x4toys
01-01-2010, 15:26
The first thing to check is your heater elements in the seat cushions. My 05 had a burned out heater. I tried to test with meter, tested good. Had to remove leather and look for burned out heater. It was very obvious. Black and brittle. Then after that you may have to have seat control module reprogramed at dealer. They have an update for the program.

pete m
01-02-2010, 08:59
The problem is definitely in the drivers seat, if I don't turn on the drivers seat, the pass side works fine, as soon as I turn on the drivers seat heat, within 1 minute both seats turn off, but the problem is just not the heat, the memory is gone on that seat too, if you touch either memory button the seat just tries to move all the way forward, not good when driving, I hit it by accident at about 70mph, had to reach down and hit the rear control to stop moving forward.

JohnC
01-02-2010, 10:59
Only guessing about the '05, but the buttons on my '06 don't work unless the truck is in Park... (Seems like a good idea to me!)

pete m
01-03-2010, 09:15
Even when mine was working normally, the seat memory buttons would work even with the truck not running, if you hit it anytime and the seat was in the correct setting, nothing would happen, however, if you hit the other preset, #2, then it would move accordingly, even in gear.

mattb5150
01-17-2010, 11:44
I have the same seats in my '03 and now the drivers seat won't move forward. If I move the switch I hear some response from a relay or something but the motor doesn't try to move. Even though they are all the way back if I press back I can hear the motor start and stop. Fortunately at 6' 1" I drive with them all the way back anyway. Anyone have an idea on fixing?

Matt