PDA

View Full Version : What do you think about these cyl. heads? PN

fullsizeBlazer
12-17-2009, 03:58
Hey,

here's a set of nos cylinder heads, listing says, it's the updated design, don't know for sure, so maybe you guys know more about this part number: GM Part # 15636794

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/GM-6-2-Diesel-Cylinder-Heads-New_W0QQcmdZViewItemQQhashZitem414a1d7d29QQitemZ28 0416320809QQptZMotorsQ5fCarQ5fTruckQ5fPartsQ5fAcce ssories

Thanks again for your help & advice!

Greetings

Flo

Robyn
12-17-2009, 07:28
HI

Looks great in the Piccy.

BUTTTTTTTTTTTTTTT I am suspect of any Blocks or Heads for these engines that are advertised to be new on Ebay.

For $670 (approx) you can get a fresh set from Clearwater and they stand behind them for 3 years unlimited mileage.

The heads offered in that ebay sale may indeed be a new set of heads but I have seen too many Horror stories with these parts.

After you get it then things can get dicey if the product turns out to be a POS.

JMHO

Missy

oldmechanic
12-18-2009, 18:45
see my ad in classified ads if you want a good deal on heads

vstech
12-23-2009, 07:28
this is not the first set of new heads this seller has sold. it looks like he sells a lot of diesel stuff from the feedback list.

rogers
12-23-2009, 21:09
These do not appear to be updated heads. They could be if the pre-cups were swapped into the new heads. The pictures show heads with the older 6.2l pre-cups. These will give better fuel economy and perhaps less power.

I for one don't think that anyone would go to the trouble of putting the old pre-cups into new castings. However the heads you get might be different than the ones in the picture. Just my two cents.