PDA

View Full Version : Question about Injection Pump Repair.

Lonesome7.3
09-10-2009, 16:06
One of my deuces has a throttle issue that I think will be easy to repair. I just need a better understanding of what I am up against. The truck runs and starts fine and will move when you let out on the clutch. But there is no response when you step on the throttle. If I push down on the throttle pedal it will return to its original position. Before I crawl underneath can someone tell me what I should look for? Does this sound like a common problem?

trbankii
09-10-2009, 16:11
Is this a mechanical linkage, I assume?

I'd start by just following the parts of the linkage to make sure everything is hooked together.

Lonesome7.3
09-10-2009, 17:00
That I just did. I have pictures but this site will not allow me to post them. Everything is hooked up and the linkage is working. But the peice the linkage connects to on the bottom of the IP is stuck. How do I unstick it?

rustyk
09-10-2009, 19:26
Which truck?

Lonesome7.3
09-11-2009, 04:46
One of my deuce and a halfs. I have pictures and updates of what I have found, but I cannot post them. I know the problem I am having is with the govoner.

DmaxMaverick
09-11-2009, 07:06
I, for one, would like to see your pictures. It would also likely help you with your problem greatly. If you are trying to "attach" your pictures to the post, size is limited. You can upload them to an online photo album (webshots, photobucket, etc.), or you can upload them to TDP Photo Album (http://www.thedieselpageforums.com/photopost/index.php), then link them into the thread (you have a forum photo account available to you). Images sizes are much less conservative. If you have a problem uploading them into the TDP Photo Album (http://www.thedieselpageforums.com/photopost/index.php), let me know. PM or email me.

Lonesome7.3
09-11-2009, 07:27
To be honest, hosting is confusing to me. I just get agrivated and walk away. I still have a lot to learn about using a computer and the internet. Oh, I did resize the photographs, but the site still would not allow me to post them.

DmaxMaverick
09-11-2009, 07:33
To be honest, hosting is confusing to me. I just get agrivated and walk away. I still have a lot to learn about using a computer and the internet. Oh, I did resize the photographs, but the site still would not allow me to post them.

It's a simple process to get your photos hosted onto our Photo Album and linked into threads. Give it a try, and let me know if you need some help. As I recall, you've posted many images before (like when you took ownership of your deuces, tugs, truck parts, etc.).

Lonesome7.3
09-11-2009, 07:38
Attaching them is easy for me. It is hosting them that gets on my nerves. I will give it a shot and see how it goes. I sure would liek some help with this IP issue.

Lonesome7.3
09-11-2009, 07:44
Okay, I guess that was easy. I do not remember the last time I tried being like that.

http://www.thedieselpageforums.com/photopost/showgallery.php?cat=500&ppuser=27386