PDA

View Full Version : Forbes 4" exhaust

DKeen
01-26-2004, 10:45
I recently saw an add on Ebay for a Forbes 4" exhaust for the 6.5. Does anyone have any experience with this product? They are suppose to be the makers of the Summit, J.C. Whitney and JEGs exhaust systems. The price was right- $320 + $80 shipping.

freddys
01-26-2004, 11:21
I am happy with the Forbes 4

David_Jennings
01-26-2004, 15:47
I posted a while back about this deal on Ebay. The seller offered a package deal for us if we wanted it. I haven't decided yet. I note that you welded the down-pipe to the system. How did it come? Also, did the kit come with enough pipe to leave out a certain part? Thanks.

freddys
01-26-2004, 16:36
Originally posted by David Jennings:
I posted a while back about this deal on Ebay. The seller offered a package deal for us if we wanted it. I haven't decided yet. I note that you welded the down-pipe to the system. How did it come? Also, did the kit come with enough pipe to leave out a certain part? Thanks. The only part that I welded was the adjustable peace that you would cut for diff trucks (reg. cab or long box and so on) and that was welded to the last section of pipe. And there was enough pipe left over to put in place of the Cat.

freddy

tom.mcinerney
01-26-2004, 19:17
Great fotos, Fred. Not much restriction in that exhaust! Is there a little muffler-action? (looks like a couple sections of slightly enlarged pipe)?

freddys
01-26-2004, 19:52
Originally posted by tom mac 95:
Great fotos, Fred. Not much restriction in that exhaust! Is there a little muffler-action? (looks like a couple sections of slightly enlarged pipe)? There is a Muffler right before the tail section, as for the piping the down pipe is 3" then its 4" all the way back. sounds very nice and the wife likes it to thats a plus.

freddy

DKeen
01-27-2004, 11:20
Hey Freddy- did you notice any power gain?

freddys
01-27-2004, 18:26
From the time that I got my truck to now its been 3 months and right from day one I started to do some mods to it. As you can see from my profile. As for the 4